Meet Zac Wheeler
Founder and trainer at Zeus Fitness and Performance.
Zac has been personal training since 2010 and began Zeus Fitness and Performance in 2013, a personal training business run out of a home-gym in Gilbert, Arizona.
Zac’s passion for fitness began quite early on in his life due to necessity with sports. However, his ideas and the destination he wished to take his passion were not clear until later on. His health took a turn which derailed him from the fair shot he wanted at completing his collegiate soccer career. This experience gave invaluable perspective and was one of the many driving forces behind Zac’s pursuit of starting a personal training business.
“I’ve had the greatest opportunity that anyone can ask for. Being able to wake up and assist people in improving their state of living, mindset, and abilities has been an amazing experience. I thoroughly enjoy helping individuals understand that fitness has an infinite number of pathways which can lead to greater opportunities. The amount of inspiration my clients and I receive through their hard work is amazing. To see that their success inspires those closest to them is also very rewarding and to say that I am able to be a part of this process is indescribable.
My own experience and background with adversity and redemption have allowed me the unique opportunity in relating to clients who have long or tedious journey’s ahead of them. We’ve all struggled with obstacles placed in our paths throughout our life but the difference between successful management of such situations is often knowledge, support, and consistent execution. I look to provide the knowledge and support my clients need so they can focus solely on executing the tasks in front of them.”
"Working with individuals new to exercise and soccer players is where the majority of my attention goes. I wear many hats and have extensive knowledge and education to get my clients to high performing levels but we all start from somewhere and I like being next to my clients from their raw beginning."
New to Exercise
If you're without a plan or are afraid of walking into a gym and tired of throwing money away to an unused membership, this is what you're looking for. Zac will help educate you, give you the support and accountability needed so you can accomplish your goals and set the bar higher.
If you understand that you or your athlete needs an environment to develop finer skills both on and off the ball then this is for you. Zac understands the competitive environment and works to create a different atmosphere which will optimize the athletes ability to develop. Zac will work on athletic movements that are beyond just speed and agility to bring out the full athlete and allow for greater results on the field for years to come.
- Bachelors Degree in Entrepreneurship from Grand Canyon University
- Graduated magna cum laude from GCU with Delta Mu Delta business honors
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Certified Corrective Exercise Specialists (CES) through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Certified to administor the Functional Movement Screen (FMS)
- CPR and AED certified
- USSF National D licensed soccer coach (2014)
- AYSA State E licensed soccer coach (2010)
- AYSA Technical Training certified
- Pn1 Precision Nutrition Certified (2016)
- Online Personal Trainer Certified (OPT) (2017)
- EXOS – Performance Specialist Certification, XPS (2016)
- EXOS Mentorship (2014)
- Has gone to Barcelona, Spain for a week long soccer coaches clinic held by former FC Barcelona coaches and players twice (2013 & 2014)
- South Mountain Community College Men’s Soccer Program Assistant Coach (2016-2017)
- Coached Soccer at TFA-FC Barcelona AZ (2010-2016) for the following teams ’97B, ‘00B, ‘96G, ’97G, ’02G, ‘05B and also directed the recreational program (2013-2015)
- Perry High School Men’s Varsity Soccer Program Assistant Coach (2011-2012)
- Skyline High School Women’s Soccer Program Assistant Coach (2012-2014)
- Personal Trainer at 24hr Fitness (2011-2012)
- Played soccer since the age of 4 at various clubs throughout the valley (Tempe, Chandler, & Gilbert)
- Played for Grand Canyon University Men’s Soccer team (2009-2010)
- Played for Chandler-Gilbert Community College Men’s Soccer team (2007-2008)
- Played for the ’89 Arizona Olympic Development Program (2006-2007)
- Played for Highland High School Varsity Men’s Soccer Program (2003-2007)
- 2007 5A-1 State Champions, Conference Champions, and Dobson Invitational Champions - Highland High School
- 2007 Honorable Mention All-State and Second Team All-Conference, Highland High School